Freitag, 11. Dezember 2009

Pure love

Yesterday evening my son didn't want to sleep and kept calling me downstairs. When he did that for the tenth time I went down and started my monologue about how I want him to sleep and how I am not coming down those stairs one more time and that now this game is over. When I was ready, staring at him in my fiercest youdowhatmommysaysorsomethingreallybadwillhappen manner, he simply said: "Mommy, when will it start to snow?" The innocence of this question and how he never listens to me when I am in my "I want it my way" rage and how he is just like his father, never tired of seeing a wonder in some sunray or flower I burst out laughing and we started a round of serious cuddling. I am so glad that this is my life. So this is the picture of the day:
Because without you guys it just wouldn't be Christmas. Thanks for being in my life.

2 Kommentare:

Kristie hat gesagt…

It is just heart-warmingly adorable how you write about your kids. Lovely. They can be really proud of their mother!

Polly Andersen hat gesagt…

Svenja - what adorable children you have and what a wonderful mother you are! Your expressive and positive outlook is a ideal for your children and surely they are learning such good things through you. Happiest of New Years! In 2010 may you give & receive generously of your time, love and loyalty to those closest to your heart.